Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small businesses in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in its rapidly growing team, currently over 200 strong. This represents a unique opportunity to join us, one of Australia's most exciting and fastest-growing Fintech businesses with an awesome culture.
We are driven by our people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers – where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team, inform how we think and act every day. We are also recognised as an AON Hewitt Best Employer in 2017 and 2018 FINNIES Best Fintech Place to Work and a Great Place to Work in 2019!
As a Data Engineering Manager, this role will be responsible for leading a team of outstanding Data Engineers that will make Prospa stand out from the crowd. You will grow your team, drive its technical strategy and roadmap, ensure quality, manage priorities, and play a meaningful role in attracting great customers and partners to Prospa. Your success at Prospa will be determined not by your individual efforts, but by how well your team meets their goals.
What you will be doing:
- Support and lead your team of data engineers, some of whom will be distributed in global locations.
- Encourage the team to hone the best data engineering practices, data architecture, data warehousing, data modelling, data governance, ETL, systems design and implementation to be successful.
- Be a mentor for the data engineering team. You will spend much more time reading code than writing it. You will identify the strengths of the individual engineers, and lead the team to play to those strengths.
- Take ownership of the delivery and implementation of projects, using Agile methodologies and mindset.
- Recruit and hire the best engineers to build a robust and strong team.
- Work with many departments within Prospa to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Stay on top of technology changes whilst keeping Prospa on the cutting edge of the landscape.
What you'll need to succeed:
- 8+ years of Data Engineering Experience.
- A minimum of 1+ years leading and building a Data/Analytics Team, preferred in a product/technology company.
- Proficiency with Python and SQL required.
- Good experience with data modelling, data warehousing, data processing via batch and streaming.
- Proven experience in building resilient and scale-able data pipelines and data lakes.
- Experience with cloud platforms, preferably Azure, in an enterprise environment.
- Experienced working in Agile Frameworks, including Scrum and Kanban.
- Good experience working with Spark, Hive, Hadoop, or Redshift/Snowflake.
- Git + Workflows to support code review and release of software.
- Experience in working with NoSQL databases and data structures.
What's nice to have:
- Familiar with CI/CD tooling e.g. Azure DevOps, Terraform, etc.
- Knowledge of Databricks and Airflow.
- Experience with financial markets and products.
Come and Join Our Team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time.