This is a hybrid role if you are located in Sydney OR a remote role if you are located outside of our Sydney Hub.
We’re a passionate team of brilliant achievers, and together we’re using technology to take the small business finance industry next level. Our mission is to keep small businesses moving – with smart cash flow solutions right when they need them. Supporting them through ups and downs. Making their lives easier. Helping them Prosper.
As Data Engineer (Cloud), you will empower the data-driven future of Prospa and support our data team’s vision to become the centre of all decisions. You will advocate for the usage of information, our cloud native platform and all available tools. The ultimate goal of this role is to provide our customers, both internally and externally, with a personalised service.
What you will be doing
- Develop end-to-end data solutions within Prospa’s cloud environment
- Partner with engineering, product and business stakeholders to build technical solutions that meet business goals
- Cater to our ever-growing set of data sources, with streaming and batch processing needs
- Be responsible for the availability, reliability and data quality of our data platforms end-to-end
- Extend and optimise Prospa’s data pipelines, data lake, and data warehouse
- Work closely with Data Scientists, Data Analysts and users through peer programming, effective code reviews, and technical consultations
What you’ll need to succeed
- Hands-on experience with SQL, Python, databases, system integration, data wrangling.
- Knowledge of Cloud environments, such as Google, AWS, or Azure
- Some working knowledge in following areas: Databricks/Notebooks, Airflow/Orchestration, Spark, and/or data infrastructure (databases, CI/CD pipelines, automated testing)
- Experience in contributing to, extending and maintaining:
- Data pipelines for production environments
- Secure, performant and well-modelled data stores
- Reliable and efficient streaming and batch data environments
- Enterprise-grade Data Warehouse and Data Lakes
- Ability to contribute to technical architectures, concepts, use-cases, designs, and approaches, in a way that can be understood by non-technical stakeholders
Don’t let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application. We’d love to hear from you and see if this could be a great match.
What we offer
- A team of passionate, diverse, talented thought leaders in tech
- Modern tech stack environment with a cloud first approach
- A fast-scaling tech organisation that is not afraid to invest in technology
- Highly competitive incentive scheme
- Flexible ways of working (Remote AU work on offer)
- Seasonal programs (think free days off, themed events, swag, massages, coffee carts and a whole lot more)
- Volunteer leave & paid parental leave
- Career development opportunities and study assistance
- Study allowance and paid learning days
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are and actively provide our employees the same great experience we provide our customers.
It’s super exciting every day. Always moving. Always something new around the corner. And we’ve only just cracked the surface.
Be a master of your own destiny. Open the door. Feel the buzz. Want in?