Prospa’s success is inspired by its people. Their diversity, curiosity, skills and passion are the foundations for building an amazing company that puts our customers first.
Our team is dedicated to achieving outstanding results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values are: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team; and these inform how we think and act every day.
Prospa provides cash flow products and services that help small businesses across Australia and New Zealand to prosper and grow. To date, we’ve helped over 22,000 unique small business customers with almost $1.2 billion in loans.
Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small business in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to infuse in it's rapidly growing team, currently 250 strong.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of Australia's most exciting and fastest growing FinTech businesses with an awesome culture and plenty of further growth.
As a rapidly growing organisation Prospa is seeking new information domains that can support core operations as well as propelling growth in our customer understanding. Prospa needs to improve the acquisition and quality of information obtainable throughout the operation and wider marketplace to continuously improve competitive edge.
The data engineer will focus on enhancing our data pipeline from the different angles, working closely with the team members from BI to power users to automate workflows, creating and maintaining frameworks and resources.
We are currently 100% cloud, mostly Azure and are looking to expand on our streaming serverless architecture.
- Extend our information models with new features for BI and Data Science.
- Crafting reusable toolsets in Python/R that the team can utilise to get to value fast.
- Influence architectural decisions, evaluate new technologies and team behaviours, cross training team members and wider organisation.
- Working with diverse stakeholders to push for data driven approaches, rapid experimentation and investment in data capability for the benefit of all.
- Liaising with development teams to ensure events are being collected or actioned to serve business objectives.
- Able to find opportunities to wield new/existing data for commercial outcome
- Follow engineering best practices during development, from version control to CI/CD.
- Rapidly investigating and ingesting new sources from a range of products and applications and any understanding of ML and AI to generate opportunities to solve data and business problems will be a plus.
What you need to have
- Significant experience in complex data transformation and event streaming environments using Python/R/SQL. Currently we use Azure Databricks to perform transformation.
- Good understanding of complex interplay of technologies, NoSQL, JSON, Blob, Video/Audio, BI tools, distributed compute, event buses and streaming, document DBs etc and able to quickly evaluate and combine these technologies to build reusable platforms and paradigms.
- Has proven innovative solutions to complex technical and business challenges which have led to great business value and simplicity of upkeep/automation.
- Cloud infrastructure experience – Prospa is entirely cloud based in Azure (small AWS). Trusted to create new services, investigate new technologies and setup security and infrastructure as code.
- Great communication and documentation skills – getting to the value of the work and solution orientated with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Understand development principals and best practices, and constraints in order to maximise reusability while still challenging for sustainable technology innovation – placing business outcomes first.
Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Passionate about data and loves how it can be wielded as much as the technical merits of the solution.
- Rises to challenges, and self-motivated to change the status quo and challenge for the next iteration.
- Understands data models, what information is required to form a business case and analytical outcomes that are possible and how to fuel them with data.
- Quick learner that prioritises understanding the commercial context and information technologies together.
- Wants to work in a value/principles orientated team – which is seeking to work together with Prospa holistically and for the benefit of all.
- Respects that with empowerment comes the need to set expectations and deliver on these consistently.
What is in for you
- Regular employee awards.
- Engagement programs including massages, meditation, lunches, doona days & beach days
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible working culture
- Fun celebrations throughout the year for our diverse prosparians
- Study Assistance Program
- Engineering teams have a discretionary training budget to invest in their learning and development needs at any given point of time.
Come and join the team
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognize & reward excellent achievements, and actively provide our people the same amazing experience as we deliver to our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time.