Prospa is driven by its people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers – where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team, inform how we think and act every day. We are also recognised as an AON Hewitt Best Employer in 2017 and 2018 FINNIES Best FinTech Place to Work and a Great Place to Work in 2019.
Prospa helps small businesses across Australia achieve their dreams, by crafting an alternate funding pathway when traditional finance is not available. To date, we've helped over 27,000 unique small business customers across Australia with over $1.5 billion in small business loans.
Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small business in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in its rapidly growing team, currently 210 strong.
Prospa is extremely passionate about its people. Their diversity, skills, and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers. Our people, in turn, are driven by our values.
Be part of a highly responsive and performing credit team responsible for evaluating the credit worthiness of small business loan applications. Utilise your considerable industry knowledge, commerciality & financial prowess to write business within Prospa’s risk appetite. You will be working closely with our customers and our sales and account management teams to assess each application thoroughly to achieve the best outcome for the customer.
Note: This is a contract opportunity until the end of Feb 2021 with an opportunity to go permanent.
Key responsibilities include
- Coordinating the underwriting of new and existing business loan applications from small business owners.
- Provide analysis of customer financial documents.
- Prepare financial statement spreads and servicing analysis statement.
- Present deals to the Credit Committee with strong views and data on the proposed outcome of the deal, when required.
- Provide an independent and comprehensive opinion on the proposed risks and provide concrete propositions or recommendations on deals presented.
- Review credit reports and background reports to determine degree of risk involved with providing small business loans.
- Analyse bank statements and business financial reports.
- Conduct a phone interview with loan applicant.
- Document paperwork and relay information to inside funding representatives.
- Recommending approval or decline based on specific criteria and stipulations.
- Underwriting / Credit analyst experience a strong plus.
- Experience in small business lending is helpful but not necessary.
- Ability to think outside the square and challenge the status quo in a professional manner.
- Strong mathematical and technology skills.
- Ability to work autonomously whereby decisions are required to be made.
- Familiarity with personal and company credit reports, ASIC searches, and other various background information.
- Exceptional analytical and outcome-focused problem-solving skills.
- Highly organised and able to follow processes.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Be comfortable interacting professionally with management, sales, and business owners.
- Experience working in a high-pressured, fast-paced team environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Financial statements analysis (profit & loss, balance sheet, tax documents) viewed highly but not necessary
Come and Join Our Team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward outstanding achievements, and actively provide our people the same exceptional experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time.