Business Operations Division
Prospa, Australia's #1 online lender to small businesses.
We are a visionary FinTech leader that changes the lives of under-serviced small business owners in Australia. We build innovative and easy to use financial products that help small businesses achieve their dreams, by providing fast and easy funding pathways around their business challenges.
We are proud to say that on our journey so far we have helped over 12,000 small business customers across Australia, injecting over half a billion dollars into the Australian economy, and counting.
Prospa is extremely passionate about its people. Their diversity, skills, and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers. Our people, in turn, are driven by our values.
Obsess About Customers - We don’t just listen, we hear what’s important.
5* Trustpilot Customer Rating (9.8/10)
Be Bold, Open and Real - Have the courage to take smart risks.
Winner - 2017 FinTech Australia ‘Finnie’ Award for ‘Best Leaders’
Day 1 – We’re driven by the start-up mentality.
Winner - 2018 Financial Times High-Growth Companies (Asia Pacific)
Deliver Value Fast – We celebrate outcomes not process.
Winner - 2015 Deloitte Tech Fast 50 (Almost 7000% growth in three years)
Simplicity – The work of a true genius is making the complex simple.
Winner - 2017 Fintech Business Awards ‘Lending Innovator’
One Team – Success comes from embracing different perspectives.
4.6* Glassdoor Staff Happiness Rating & 2018 Aon Best Employer
You're an experienced Compliance professional, an exceptional negotiator with a sharp eye for detail and quality. You can translate risk and compliance issues into business or customer focused solutions. You manage and deal with change and adversity effectively and you make accountable decisions, including analysing and investigating issues, and developing and negotiating solutions. You're a great problem solver who thinks commercially when reaching resolutions. You also draft detailed, logical, well explained and comprehensive decisions and explain complex legal and financial documents and concepts in plain English.
About the role
- Utilising QA, Customer Satisfaction, Disputes & Error reporting data, proactively identify and launch initiatives to drive operational & compliance excellence and continuous improvement
- Motivate individuals and teams to exceed objectives through coaching, feedback and regular sharing of insightful reporting or data
- Ensure the quality and compliance framework remains up to date via reviews against changes in legislation and Prospa policy in addition to continuously challenging and educating the business on current legislation, acts etc
- Audits of leadership team QA including calibration sessions to ensure consistency and fairness
- Compliance breach investigation, management and reporting to either internal or external bodies as required
- Build, maintain and update Prospa's IDR/EDR policies, processes and procedures
- Support and promote a risk/reward culture
- Utilise advanced investigation, problem-solving and negotiation skills to resolve issues that range from simple to complex
- Act as a trusted adviser on risk and compliance matters directly to the operations by providing compliance advice / support
- Ownership of complaints received from customers directly via the operations or from external resolution agencies
What you need
- A background in quality assurance, compliance or disputes
- 5+ years’ experience within a compliance focused role in financial services
- Strong understanding and experience with compliance and risks
- Excellent stakeholder management skills including proven influencing skills
- Strong dispute resolution experience (IDR & EDR)
Come and Join Our Team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time