Prospa’s success is driven by its people. Their diversity, curiosity, skills and passion are the foundations for building an amazing company that puts our small business customers first.
Our team is dedicated to achieving outstanding results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values are: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team; and these inform how we think and act every day.
Prospa provides cash flow products and services that help small businesses across Australia and New Zealand to prosper and grow. To date we’ve helped over 20,000 unique small business customers with almost $1.2 billion in loans.
We are the #1 online lender to small business in Australia. In the past year we listed on the ASX, helped develop the AFIA Code of Lending Practice for our category, expanded into New Zealand and launched two new products.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of Australia's most exciting and fastest growing Fintech businesses with an awesome culture and plenty of further growth.
We are seeking an experienced, passionate and ambitious forward thinking compliance manager to develop and maintain a robust compliance framework.
Reporting to the Prospa's General Counsel you will partner with all business units, in particular Risk and Operations to build and monitor Prospa's compliance framework. Inclusively, you will be the single point of contact for all compliance related areas.
To be successful, you will need an understanding of laws, regulation and compliance in the finance industry, in particular AML/KYC requirements.
You will need to have a compliance focus whilst retaining a commercial perspective.
- Development, maintenance and monitoring of a compliance framework.
- Ensuring business wide compliance through internal reviews
- Liaise with Legal, Risk and Operations to ensure ongoing compliance
- Play a role in management of incidents and breach processes
- Develop and undertake business wide compliance training
- Work with external parties including auditors and regulators to ensure items raised are monitored and reported on
- Provision of relevant reports for Board and management
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Tertiary qualifications in law
- Previous experience in compliance management
- Experience in the finance industry, specific to compliance
- Understanding of frameworks designed to mitigate compliance risks
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment, whilst maintaining an attention to detail
- Focuses on the Customer: Ability to build trust and respect with customers and channel partners
- Excellent communications and presentation skills: Ability to establish immediate rapport with partners, customers and related industry representatives and become a trusted advisor
- Results Driven Self-starter: Exemplary organisational skills coupled with a high degree of attention to detail and a proactive “can-do” attitude.
- Executes Perfectly & Takes Accountability for Actions: Excellent at executing agreed decisions without undue delay. Takes responsibility for own actions or decisions, regardless of outcomes or success.
- Fosters Teamwork, Collaboration & Respect for Others: Seeks and values diverse contributions, experiences and ideas of others. Flexible team player who thrives in fast-paced environments and is able to work autonomously.
COME AND JOIN OUR TEAM
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time