Prospa’s success is inspired by its people. Their diversity, curiosity, skills and passion are the foundations for building an amazing company that puts our customers first.
Our team is dedicated to achieving outstanding results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values are: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team; and these inform how we think and act every day.
Prospa provides cash flow products and services that help small businesses across Australia and New Zealand to prosper and grow. To date, we’ve helped over 22,000 unique small business customers with almost $1.2 billion in loans.
Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small business in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to infuse in it's rapidly growing team, currently 250 strong.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of Australia's most exciting and fastest growing FinTech businesses with an awesome culture and plenty of further growth.
We are looking for an analyst who is quick learner and has sharp analytical skills with a data driven attitude.
BI Analysts at Prospa, support driving our multi-functional pods to be data and outcome focused. They setup measurement of experiments, analyse trends and segments, define critical metrics, co-develop decision engines with data scientists and present their findings to a wide range of teams. They support data driven thinking and action in our organisation.
The BI team also takes ownership of development of data literacy across the organisation which includes setting up accurate analysis and thought patterns, skills training and measurement systems. Our BI Analysts provide guidance to our next steps, best utilisation of resources and best way to achieve our objectives.
We work in an environment with CI/CD pipelines that support the BI analyst and data engineers to make multiple production changes a day to our DWH and microservices. Our team lives and breathes agile and is custodian of all data at Prospa. Our work is varied and fast paced with the freedom to tinker and question and suitable for those with commitment to make a difference.
Primary tech stack for BI Analysts includes Snowflake, Databricks (Hive SQL and Python), Tableau and airflow built upon Azure PaaS and SaaS services. We have some legacy R being phased out. We chose the right technologies for the job, and we may head into multi-cloud n the near future.
In short, the Analytics team is responsible for guiding the business with insights that allow commercial value to be realized.
Key responsibilities include
- Steering Pods to formulate better Key performance indicators, design and track initiatives to achieve the objectives of the organisation.
- Transforming data into information models and visualisations that are maintainable and well utilised and understood.
- Collaborating across different teams to build business definitions and empowering them to access that information in a simple manner.
- Developing dashboards and scenario modelling with Tableau across marketing, operations, sales, finance, people i.e. all c-suite areas.
- Conducting and participating in workshops and interviews to understand business problems and bridge understanding across diverse partners. Presenting at showcases the value derived or celebrating failing fast, and articulating the challenges left unsolved.
- Training and developing business teams to access information themselves via Tableau.
- Developing self and others in the data community with new skills and shared experiences.
- Collaborating with the Senior Manager Analytics to implement both technological and cultural change within the organisation.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrable understanding of data visualisation principles
- Tableau development experience.
- SQL query writing and data transformation and modelling experience.
- Able to analyse problems, generate recommendations and persuade others with data.
- Must be able to learn quickly, adapt to change and quickly learn new technologies.
- Ability to articulate complex information simply both verbally and with visualisation.
- Capability to source information from various sources / build complex queries and work with poor data quality or volume with a pragmatic and agile approach.
- Stakeholder management and investing time to understand the business and develop yourself and the Prospa community.
Behaviors at our core
- Deals well with ambiguity, adapts to and embraces change with agility, decides and acts without needing all the facts
- Good self-knowledge: Actively seeks out feedback, demonstrates learning from mistakes, knows own personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and limits
- Innovative and open to new ways of working and feedback.
- Excellent at self-reflection to find ways to improve.
- Holds themselves accountable to deliver results.
- Uses data to inform planning, decision-making and setting priorities.
What is in for you
- Regular employee awards.
- Engagement programs including massages, meditation, lunches, doona days & beach days
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible working culture
- Fun celebrations throughout the year for our diverse prosparians
- Study Assistance Program
- Engineering teams have a discretionary training budget to invest in their learning and development needs at any given point of time.
Come and join the team
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognize & reward excellent achievements, and actively provide our people the same amazing experience as we deliver to our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time.