Prospa, Australia's #1 online lender to small businesses.
We are a visionary FinTech leader that changes the lives of under-serviced small business owners in Australia. We build innovative and easy to use financial products that help small businesses achieve their dreams, by providing fast and easy funding pathways around their business challenges.
We are proud to say that on our journey so far we have helped over 12,000 small business customers across Australia, injecting over half a billion dollars into the Australian economy, and counting.
Prospa is extremely passionate about its people. Their diversity, skills, and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers. Our people, in turn, are driven by our values.
Obsess About Customers - We don’t just listen, we hear what’s important.
5* Trustpilot Customer Rating (9.8/10)
Be Bold, Open and Real - Have the courage to take smart risks.
Winner - 2017 FinTech Australia ‘Finnie’ Award for ‘Best Leaders’
Day 1 – We’re driven by the start-up mentality.
Winner - 2018 Financial Times High-Growth Companies (Asia Pacific)
Deliver Value Fast – We celebrate outcomes not process.
Winner - 2015 Deloitte Tech Fast 50 (Almost 7000% growth in three years)
Simplicity – The work of a true genius is making the complex simple.
Winner - 2017 Fintech Business Awards ‘Lending Innovator’
One Team – Success comes from embracing different perspectives.
4.6* Glassdoor Staff Happiness Rating & 2018 Aon Best Employer
As a Prospa Internal Business Development Manager you will be reporting to the National Sales Manager. You will be an integral part of the national sales team and you're responsible for identifying, growing and leveraging relationships with both partners and business referral sources with accountability for a specific regional target
The key focus of the role will be to find and win new partners, to motivate and train new partners and achieve strong growth results within a territory. The Business Development Manager will work closely with the state team to identify key opportunities and motivate them to partner and refer business.
Key responsibilities include
- Identify, contact, engage and partner with broker referrers within a defined territory
- Engage with partners on the phone (90% of role)
- Implement strategic plans to engage partners to refer business and deliver territory sales volumes
- Engage partnerships in order to build market awareness and referral opportunities
- Ensure best practice sales and marketing execution is adhered to across the territory
- Present the business value proposition to stimulate regular deal opportunities
- Identify and win new referral partnerships across multiple industries
- Work closely with an external State Manager and or external account manager to identify, engage and build business referrals in order to achieve territory sales volumes and KPIs
- Provide management with regular sales pipeline updates
- Actively contribute to the wider team’s motivation and positive attitude towards becoming a market leader within targeted markets
- Maintain accurate information in our company CRM system
What you'll need
- 3 years’ experience working within a channel sales role
- Experience in the Finance and Insurance sales market
- Experience selling and supporting the finance and Insurance broker market (would be very advantageous)
- Experience managing and growing channel partnerships (exceptional training and engagement capability)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Strong business acumen and a keen understanding of the key motivators for business owners within the SME marketplace
- Focuses on the Customer: Ability to build trust and respect with customers and channel partners
- Excellent communications and presentation skills: Ability to establish immediate rapport with partners, customers and related industry representatives and become a trusted advisor
- Results Driven Self-starter: Exemplary organisational skills coupled with a high degree of attention to detail and a proactive “can-do” attitude.
- Executes Perfectly & Takes Accountability for Actions: Excellent at executing agreed decisions without undue delay. Takes responsibility for own actions or decisions, regardless of outcomes or success.
- Fosters Teamwork, Collaboration & Respect for Others: Seeks and values diverse contributions, experiences and ideas of others. Flexible team player who thrives in fast-paced environments and is able to work autonomously.
Come and join us
We offer a unique opportunity to shape and contribute to a flourishing, fast-growing business as an integral part of a highly engaged team with great perks and a fun workspace.
Achieving our vision to change the way small business owners experience finance requires a diverse group of passionate, creative and innovative people. You can find out a bit more about working at Prospa here.
We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
With the greatest respect, we will not be accepting CVs from recruitment agencies for this role.