Prospa, Australia's #1 online lender to small businesses.
We are a visionary FinTech leader that changes the lives of under-serviced small business owners in Australia. We build innovative and easy to use financial products that help small businesses achieve their dreams, by providing fast and easy funding pathways around their business challenges.
We are proud to say that on our journey so far we have helped over 12,000 small business customers across Australia, injecting over half a billion dollars into the Australian economy, and counting.
Prospa is extremely passionate about its people. Their diversity, skills, and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers. Our people, in turn, are driven by our values.
Obsess About Customers - We don’t just listen, we hear what’s important.
5* Trustpilot Customer Rating (9.8/10)
Be Bold, Open and Real - Have the courage to take smart risks.
Winner - 2017 FinTech Australia ‘Finnie’ Award for ‘Best Leaders’
Day 1 – We’re driven by the start-up mentality.
Winner - 2018 Financial Times High-Growth Companies (Asia Pacific)
Deliver Value Fast – We celebrate outcomes not process.
Winner - 2015 Deloitte Tech Fast 50 (Almost 7000% growth in three years)
Simplicity – The work of a true genius is making the complex simple.
Winner - 2017 Fintech Business Awards ‘Lending Innovator’
One Team – Success comes from embracing different perspectives.
4.6* Glassdoor Staff Happiness Rating & 2018 Aon Best Employer
Our Risk Insights & Solutions team is responsible for measuring, monitoring and controlling risks originating from the business.
The key focus areas of the team are: Building sophisticated risk rating systems for credit underwriting, pro-active portfolio management, credit risk reporting and audit.
As Risk Business Analyst you will join the RI&S team providing support across a vast range of credit & risk related areas such as process mapping, audit and fraud prevention.
Key activities include:
- Being a single point of contact & owner for the end to end process related documentation; specific to risk management
- Responsible for understanding business requirements and translating them in bite sized specs
- Being able to work in an agile environment & actively participate in various agile ceremonies, such as scrums & working in cross functional teams
- Creating, maintaining & updating a thorough framework for audit & review of applications in the credit portfolio
- Preparing thorough training packs to share the learnings from the audit & review exercise
- Responsible for designing and imparting training to the wider operations staff
- Oversee the fraud prevention & operational risk functions within credit & risk.
- Responsible for credit administration activities such as: Delegated Lending Authority framework, credit policies and procedures, etc.
- Responsible for iteratively improving technical & business specification documents
Essential Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Should hold a degree in commerce / finance
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in financial services; banking or credit lending preferred
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Visio)
- Basics of SQL / ability to query a database is desirable
- Eye for detail and strong believer in documentation
- Able to analyse data, present and communicate findings and generate recommendations and insights.
Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Should be enthusiastic and willing to work with different stakeholders
- Attention to detail and ability to articulate effectively is a must
- Ability to organise resources – stakeholders time, their consent, common understanding of cross-functional teams and being able to derive the desired outcomes
Come and join us
We offer a unique opportunity to shape and contribute to a flourishing, fast-growing business as an integral part of a highly engaged team with great perks and a fun workspace.
Achieving our vision to change the way small business owners experience finance requires a diverse group of passionate, creative and innovative people. You can find out a bit more about working at Prospa here.
We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
With the greatest respect, we will not be accepting CVs from recruitment agencies for this role.