We’re a passionate team of brilliant achievers, and together we’re using technology to take the small business finance industry to the next level. Our mission is to keep small businesses moving – with smart cash flow solutions right when they need them. Supporting them through ups and downs. Making their lives easier. Helping them Prosper.
As the Assistant Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for working with the wider business to provide key support in relation to customer accounts and queries. You will also be supporting the Financial Control team with team with daily cash management, month end reconciliations and our ever-moving project work.
What you will be doing
- Process daily cash transactions
- Preparation of month end bank reconciliations
- Manage resolution of customer queries across the business, for example:
- Customer statements;
- Account closures;
- Refunds; and
- Broker commission enquiries
- Work with our accounts payable team and provide support on invoicing and payment processing.
- Provide support for external audit
- Support the Financial Control team with ad hoc accounting and operational matters
What you’ll need to succeed
- 1-2 Years of account experience
- Bachelor degree in finance or equivalent
- Recently started, or part way through your CA qualification is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and effectively manage stakeholders on expectations
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Netsuite and Salesforce would be advantageous
- Solid grasp of key accounting concepts and a curious mind.
Don’t let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application. We’d love to hear from you and see if this could be a great match.
What we offer
- Highly competitive incentive scheme
- Flexible ways of working
- Winter @ Prospa (think free days off, themed events, swag, massages, coffee carts and a whole lot more)
- Team and companywide social events
- Volunteer leave and paid parental leave
- Career development opportunities and study assistance
- A chance to be a part of one of Australia’s fastest scaling tech organisations
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are and actively provide our employees the same great experience we provide our customers.
It’s super exciting every day. Always moving. Always something new around the corner. And we’ve only just cracked the surface.
Open the door. Feel the buzz. Want in?